Is AI Ready for Primetime in Radiology?
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 8th, 3-5 PM
Rock Hall 102 (Mission Bay Campus)
Register for this event by Tuesday, February 28th
The Center for Intelligent Imaging (ci2) announces the inaugural event of the ci2 3rd Anniversary – Explore, Recognize, Celebrate! activities that are scheduled throughout 2023. For this first event, Sharmila Majumdar, PhD, and Duygu Tosun-Turgut, PhD has brought together world-renowned scientists to engage in a debate — Is AI Ready for Primetime in Radiology?
Please join Drs. Majumdar and Tosun-Turgut on Wednesday, March 8th at 3-5 pm in Rock Hall 102 (located at the Mission Bay Campus) as they welcome Matt Lungren, MD, MPH (Microsoft, Nuance Communications, UCSF), Christos Davatzikos, MD (Penn Medicine) who will take opposing views on this important topic and John Gore, PhD (Vanderbilt) who will serve as moderator. We expect the debate to be lively and engaging while addressing the serious topic of AI’s role in radiology and biomedical imaging. At the completion of the debate, we will host a reception outside of Rock Hall 102 and invite all in attendance to participate.
Christos Davatzikos, PhD
- Wallace T. Miller, Sr. Professor of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania
- Director, Center for Biomedical Image Computing and Analytics
- Affiliated Faculty, Penn Neurodegeneration Genomics Center
- Director, AAI2D: Center for AI and Data Science for Integrated Diagnostics
- Bioengineering Graduate Group Member
- Profile at https://www.med.upenn.edu/apps/faculty/index.php/g275/p32990
- Twitter: chrisdav66
Matt Lungren, MD, MPH
- Chief Medical Information Officer, Microsoft
- Chief Medical Information Officer, Nuance Communications
- Associate Clinical Professor, University of California, San Francisco
- Profile at https://www.linkedin.com/in/mattlungrenmd
John Gore, PhD
- University Distinguished Professor, Vanderbilt University
- Hertha Ramsey Cress Chair in Medicine
- Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
- Director, Vanderbilt University Institute of Imaging Science
- Vice-Chair for Research, Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
- Profile at https://engineering.vanderbilt.edu/bio/john-gore
For more information about this debate event please email Sharmila Majumdar, or Duygu Tosun-Turgut. If you have questions about debate logistics, please email Steaven Campbell, or Pei Ting Liu (Annie).